Marimekko - Finnish design

6:38 PM

Marimekko is a Finnish textile and clothing design company, well known for its bold patterns. Company was founded in 1951 by Viljo and Armi Ratia. This year company celebrates 60th anniversary!


Marimekko es una empresa finlandesa de diseño textil hogar y ropa, bien conocida por sus diseños llamativos. La empresa fue fundada en 1951 por Viljo y Armi Ratia. Este año celebra 60º aniversario!



First time I knew about Marimekko was during my teenage years, when one day I was in home decor store and saw colorful glassware, tablecloths with splashy bold poppy flowers. A few years later during my visit to my home country , I saw tray in my mom's kitchen with Marimekko's popular Unikko pattern, that was the moment I fell in love with Marimekko. Unikko pattern is easily the most recognizable symbol of Marimekko.
This year Marimekko and Converse have partnered for the first time to debut a women’s specific collection for spring 2011.


La primera vez que supe de Marimekko fue durante mi adolescencia, cuando un día estaba en una tienda de decoración para el hogar  y vi una colorida cristalería y manteles con llamativas flores de amapola en negro. Unos años más tarde, durante una visita a mi pais, vi la bandeja en la cocina de mi madre con el patrón popular de Marimekko Unikko. Fue el momento en que me enamoré de Marimekko. Patrón Unikko es fácilmente el símbolo más reconocible de Marimekko. 
Este año Marimekko y Converse se han asociado por primera vez en el debut de una colección específica de las mujeres para la primavera de 2011.



Which one do you like better?  I know which I want :)


¿Cuál te gusta más? Yo se lo que quiero:)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you, your comment is greatly appreciated! If you enjoyed this post, feel free to subscribe